Monday, December 7, 2009

Debut

This blog will be a resource for previewing music in mostly obscure genres, though I will on occasion make recommendations for more well known groups.

Disclaimer: no files of any significance are hosted on this site. All files are hosted on other sites.

Anyhow, having been in the music-blog community a while, I'll state my observations and pet peeves.

1. One should not be expected to be thanked for what they're providing. If you started a music blog for the recognition, do yourself a favor, close it and move on.

2. Blogs that are crawling with all sorts of embeds and audio that plays automatically. Nuff said. I don't like hearing some stupid song blasting the moment the page loads, and I don't like it when the page takes a minute to load because someone thought it was cool to give it myspace-syndrome. That's not going to happen here.

3. Link protectors. Those bombard users with ads and wait times. They are not cool, period.

4. Bloggers who simply copy links from other blogs and sites. What happens when the link goes down? It's like observing genetics, diversity versus cloning. A crop consisting of plants identical to the cloned host will be wiped out by a single pest. A genetically diverse crop will last much longer. Likewise in the blog world, when that Rapidshare or Megaupload link turns up nothing on one blog, it'll yield nothing on every blog that copy pasted it.

Now of course it's an exception if other links are pasted as alternatives to the original posting.

5. Fake sites. Spambots regularly copy search terms and form spam blogs that redirect to paid-mp3 sites (which aren't legit to begin with). Those are annoying.

More to come.

4 comments:

  1. I suspected something wierd aboot that site, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, thanks. I assume false hope in finding a demo that is literally driving me insane, had me convinced that this site was authentic. them bastards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I was about to download from the site until I saw the registration screen. I searched the web for info on the site and found your blog. Again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete